Friday, 4 September 2009

Central St Martins


My prospectus for Central St Martins arrived today.

I've always wanted to do one of the summer short courses.
I looked at both the Central St Martins and London College Of Fashion's websites to try and find a short course that would benefit me most.

I found the perfect course on the CSM website - Fashion Magazine Business.
It would be a brilliant course to do as I want to do Fashion Journalism and it's probably one of the best experiences available.

The course description is
"In this course we will look at the growth of the fashion magazine & the rise of independent publishing over the past ten years. Alongside this you will be studying magazine graphics and layout, the different job roles within a magazine, who are the movers and shakers within the industry, career opportunities, how magazines make money and target their audience. You will work in small groups to develop their own concept for a commercially viable magazine which will include coming up with a title, mission statement, visual identity and content ideas."

I want to go so bad.
The dates for next year's courses are not up yet but this year's dates were 3rd august - 7th august & 1st september - 4th september.
I'm guessing they'll be around the same dates next year.
It wouldn't really matter which course date I go to next year as I'll have left school!

The first week costs £425 and the second week costs £410.
Not sure why the second week is cheaper, possibly 'cause most students will be back to school etc.

I think I will try and attend the second week!

Notable ex-students from CSM include - Hamish Bowles Fashion Journalist and Editor of American Vogue, Christopher Kane, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Frankmusik.

Central St Martins website - www.csm.arts.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment